Software engineer (data team)
dla Codility / Warszawa
We live in a world where programmers code what we use day-to-day. Everyday software breaks down and programs or systems fail due to incorrect code. We want the world to have better software, as we believe that the quality of our lives depends on it.
We build great products to help companies employ better programmers faster. Our core products include candidate assessment engine, recruiter interface for tracking the applicants and their tests, and training page for programmers.
Agile, continuous integration, and pair programming are our day-to-day life. The whole engineering team (https://codility.com/about/) is involved in building our products what means we all participate in shaping requirements too. Our teams have the freedom to choose their own tools and technologies. Oh, and we deploy to production every day.
You’ll join the team that is responsible for the integration of Codility system with other business systems and providing business metrics that guide our company. Your daily work will comprise:
- integration with other business systems,
- work with Codility database (retrieving key metrics, evolving data models, cleaning existing data),
- help our Sales Team by creating reports and stats with business metrics (e.g. churn, MRR, ARR),
- ensure data integrity to improve the strategic decision-making process.
You will love this job if you:
- love working with data and understand the necessity to keep the data clean and relevant,
- have strong backend skills and can code blindfolded in at least one programming language (we don’t care which),
- have experience with databases (e.g. SQL queries, migrations) and know how to extract vital information from them,
- learn fast (we’ll need you up to speed in Python in two weeks from day one),
- are not a perfectionist but you are driven to systematically improve the quality of software and data you work with,
- don’t like process or quality problems to stay around and would go out of your way to fix them,
- make decisions after looking at a problem from all the angles.
Experience in integration with external business systems (financial, sales, marketing) would be a bonus.
Warsaw and our offices
We are a healthy mixture of engineers and business people We operate globally and we welcome teammates from all over the world. We are almost 50 people and are growing. There are daily challenges and lots of fast learning across the board. This is the best job we have had so far. We go out to cool places, eat well and have lots of fun together.
We work from Warsaw University Library building in Warsaw (a multi-award winning building by the Vistula river with a rooftop garden and ground floor full of cafes and restaurants) and a co-working space in San Francisco.
Our Warsaw office has a hammock and a flying helicopter but the work we do is serious. We open it up for meetups, guests, and our friends.
What we offer:
- relocation assistance,
- employee stock incentive,
- international team environment (50 people 5 nationalities),
- your dream equipment,
- flexible working arrangements (home office, flexible working hours)
- budget to help you learn and grow,
- take good care of yourself budget (for the gym membership, massages – you tell us!),
- unlimited Amazon book orders for the Codility library,
- we’ve got you covered with health benefits!
Want to work with us? Great! This is what we need from you:
- 1-page CV (in English, PDF format) or your online profile (LinkedIn, GitHub, Website, etc.)
- a note saying what you have recently built.
Jak składać oferty pracy
Apply via our job page: https://codility.com/apply/?gh_jid=535727#job